View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

My Max was exactly the same way....when he was still a little baby, we took trips to Napa (a 9-10 hr trip for us) with him, and he was just perfect; laid down in between us and slept most of the way. Fast forward to him being almost a year old, and I thought either he, or my husband were going to stroke out on the way! It's awful...the shaking, panting, licking, and whining sometimes. I've tried everything too...putting him in his carrier, Rescue Remedy drops, pills that I got at Petco called "Content-um", Benadryl, and some other pills I got at Petco called "Quiet Moments" and NOTHING has made much of a difference. My next trick is to get a console car seat, and see if that helps at all. It would be so nice if he'd relax like he used to! The last time we were coming home, I did finally try putting him into his carrier, sitting it on my lap with my hand inside to pet him, and covered it with a blanket....he calmed down for awhile, but that was when we were almost home . If something works for you, please be sure to post it! I'm sure there's more than just me who'd be interested!! Thanks
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!