View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #9
SingerGrl
Yorkie Yakker

Congrats to all of you celebrating so many years of marriage! You are a great example in this society of divorces!

My husband and I have only been married 5 (almost 6) months! I knew it was coming sometime soon, but didn't know exactly when. I was studying for my semester finals on a Saturday morning, and went over to his house to use his internet (he was sleeping). I studied all morning, he woke up about noon, spent 3 hours playing X-box, then suddenly looked nervous and left, saying he'd be back at 6 to get me for dinner and a movie. As soon as he left the house, I jumped around the kitchen saying "Please God, please let it be today!!!!" I managed to study until 5, went and got pretty, and he picked me up. We went to a movie, he insisted on getting food afterwards, blindfolded me, and drove around for awhile. Finally he led me (still blindfolded) to what turned out to be a gazebo. He had a mariachi band waiting, and as soon as I sat down they started to play. I kept waiting for him to pop the question, but after about 2 hours of music, he started packing everything up to leave, and the band left. I asked where we were going next, and he said back home. I WAS DEVISTATED!!! He drove me home, and I cried all the way (silently of course). I practically jumped out of the car and ran to my apartment, but I fumbled for my keys and he caught up. I went into my apartment and straight to my bedroom. I had to walk in and turn on the light from the fan, and when I did there were TONS of rose petals at the foot of my bed, 2 dozen roses, and letters spelling "Marry Me" I took about 4 seconds to understand, and as I turned around, I said "Finally! I was so disappointed!" He sat there just laughin at me until I said "You already know the answer, but you have to ASK!" He did, and we're SO happy!

Long story, I know, but it sets the stage!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!