View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 08:01 AM   #11
Mweasel
Yorkie Talker

Unhappy

My yorki's do the same thing. Most of the time I've noticed that they're in the area of the pads, they're either looking at them or standing partway on them and they hit the floor. I always just tell them good dog for this. They are trying to hit the pad, sometimes their front feet are on it but their back legs aren't so they hit the floor. Sometimes they're right by it and see it and pee right on the floor. It might be that they believe they're on the pad. I dont' know what a dogs depth perception is. But usually when they do pee on the floor, i've found this to be the case.
Of course there are those times when they're nowhere near the pad and what i do is pick them up, put their nose close to it and tell them no, bad dog, I then take them over to the pad, put them on it and lift their leg if they're a boy or kinda make em sit if they're a girl and tell them to pee here, good boy/girl. That usually helps as long as I do it every time. There are no perfect weeks but some are better than most. It's so hard to remain patient with them but you have to. They don't actually understand English. You can train them to understand some words but it does no good to lecture them. it's all blah blah blah blah blaaah greakjlajf f;akljfdlafj to them.
Just keep working at it. If we get lazy our dogs get lazy.
Mweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!