View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 07:50 AM   #6
Mweasel
Yorkie Talker

Talking

I live out in the Country at a lake and we have hawks, owls, coyotes and a bobcat or two I believe. I've never seen the bobcat's but I've heard some very strange noises at night, almost like a baby crying and have found some big cat footprints outside. My yorkie is a pretty big dog so I don't worry too much about him but his daughter is so small, she's smaller than most rabbits, she would be perfect for these animals so I'm very careful to watch her outside. Unfortunately we don't take our dogs out too much because of all of the other animals that aren't leashed out here. There is no leash laws at a private lake. I do keep my big dogs on a leash at all times outside which I hate to do. But after countless attacks upon them not to mention them starting to attack the cows around here I was basically left with no choice. It breaks my heart to have animals chained up but until I can afford to buy a good fence, i'll just have to do that. I actually worry more about the hawk out here than anything else. He is huge and has been out here for years with his mate and now they have quite a few children that live out here too. I love the hawks for getting rid of the snakes but I hope they don't think my yorki's a squirrel, hehehe. Anyway, if you live in an area like this, always watch your pets outside. Never believe the so called experts who say this or that will not attack a house pet. Every rule has been broken at least once and if something's hungry enough, it'll eat anything...cough the Donner Party...cough....It happens. Sometimes, knowing my yorkie, I am kinda afraid for the hawk or owl that grabs him, hehehe.
Mweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!