View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
StewiesMom
Stewie Rox the Sox
Donating Member

Default Please Help Me Stop Petland! (please read)

Please read and take 5 minutes to help.

Well, I was driving to my mom's for dinner tonight and was listening to a station in Chicago called WTMX the Mix (http://www.wtmx.com) around 630PM. I was thinking how cool it would be to take out an ad on the radio to inform the 1 million listeners about the horrors of puppymills. Well, guess what?...

An ad for Petland came on the station! I wish I could have recorded it. It would have made all of you sick. Something about their expert puppy consultants matching the speaker up with the perfect Golden Retriever puppy for their daughter. Blah blah sunshine and rainbows. I HAD NEVER HEARD AN AD LIKE THIS BEFORE!

Anyway, I think it would be a good idea to write to the marketing/advertising department letting them know how horrible Petland and its practices are. If you want, pretend you're from Chicago and you heard it. If not, just tell them how they need to discourage people from supporting puppymills instead of encouraging it. A good link to send them would be http://www.stoppuppymills.com or www.prisonersofgreed.org or nopuppymills.com

This is very important. I never want to hear an ad for them again. Furthermore, I don't want anyone in Chicagoland to think that it is OK to shop at Petland. The radio station needs to be aware of the problem.

Please take five minutes to send a short e-mail to these people in charge of advertising:
Craig Volpe, Local Sales Manager cvolpe@wtmx.com
Sara McMurray, Local Sales Manager smcmurray@wtmx.com
Dave Karwowski, Marketing Director dpk@wtmx.com

Every e-mail counts. I am writing mine now.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!