View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 03:06 AM   #6
ladyj
No Longer a Member

Rose flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiz View Post
Hello All,

I am going on a trip to visit my family in New Jersey for Christmas. My son in law is doing this as a surprise for my daughter. However, I told him that I absolutely MUST bring my baby Sassy (four pounds) with me. I just cannot go without her....So here is my question:

I have never flown with an animal, although Sassy isn't really one of those. LOL But I couldn't bear for her to be in cargo or wherever it is they place them. I have to have her with me and am wondering what kind of hoops I am gonna have to jump through to carry her on with me.

Anyone have experience in this area? I appreciate all the help I can get. I want to be prepared when we go.

Thanks bunches!
I have flown with my 13-pound Bichon, Lacy, many times. I always fly Delta and have had good experiences. A time or two, a stewardess has suggested that I let Lacy lay on my lap and cover her with a blanket, but most of the time, the dog is expected to stay in the carrier under the seat. Check with the airline to be sure what their regulations are. Also make reservations early and confirm a couple of days before you fly, making sure the reservations include the dog. A health certificate is required, issued by your vet within 10 days prior to the flight. I have a Sherpa bag with wheels and it is easy to get through airports with it. One more piece of advice: Wear something pretty. You will get LOTS of attention with a cute little dog in tow!
ladyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!