View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #7
dray
Donating YT Addict

Grooming is a skill that needs one on one teaching, to protect the dogs most of all and to protect you. You can do the on line thing but try and get a job at a grooming shop with a groomer that is very good to help teach you all the horrible things that can happen when people learn from on line teaching.

Dogs are injured everyday from groomers that have been grooming for years. Sharp tools and wiggly dogs can make for a very dangerous accident.

It just makes me a bit sick when I hear, on line grooming, makes me very afraid for the dogs. It is not the way to learn, dogs are more important.

What will you do when you cut an ear or a tongue, or an arm pit? These injuries are so common for someone learning even with a one on one teacher. This is just a little warning for the future, and if you need any help later, do not be afraid to PM me.

One of the best books I have found is " Notes From The Grooming Table" I get if for all my students.

Best of luck to you and please don't hurt any dogs.

My best advice is to find a shop that you can volunteer in and watch everything you can.
dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!