View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #15
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiekids View Post
You usually can call the companies you do have high interest rates with and renegotiate the interest rate. Tell them you might have to go with a credit consiolidation company, and they will usually jump through hoops to lower your rate, so they don't lose all the interest. Burn the cards so you can't glew them back together, and their is life after credit cards. It's not easy, but it's do able. You just have to question every purchase you want to make, and make sure you absolutely need the item. If not you don't buy it. This is weird, but if I have an absolute need to shop for things I don't need I'll shop, put them in the basket then walk away. It gives you enough of a fix. Atleast it does for me.
I never thought of calling to lower the 11% card....I will definitely do that! THANKS for that tip!

I read somewhere that you should carry your card statements with you, so when you feel the urge to purchase something, pull those out and see that total...that will make you think twice! Course, that would be horrible if your purse got stolen with your statements in it!!!

I think I am going to keep one card (one of the 0% interest cards), BUT have it in our lock box.....I think that is smart, isn't it?? Course, knowing me, I will be fighting the urge to pull it out...maybe my husband will have to take the key and hide it some place!! That would work.

I have control....but very little anymore!!

Also, my husband does NOT know the exact amount that I owe...I just hate to tell him because he works so hard for all we have and this is my mistake that I am not proud of. He knows of about $8000 of it...is that wrong?
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!