View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
Ivy Lucille
♥♥beats @ my feet!
Donating Member

Clock A Gentle Reminder...

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I have posted but today I feel compelled to gently remind everyone about a safety issue that could have been very tragic for my Mayzie today.

PLEASE make sure computer cords and cables are safely gathered together/anchored or whatever to keep them out of the way.

I left my house this morning and was gone for 2 hours. When I came home only Mozes met me at the door. I finished unloading my groceries when it occured to me that Mayzie wasn't there. I called and she didn't come. I found her at a window that faces the driveway and porch. She was just looking at me very pathetically. I realized that she apparently stepped partially through a cable that was looped and got hung up. Her back legs were off the floor and she couldn't move. Fortunately, it was not her neck that she was hanging from! I shudder to think about the whole thing and I am glad I was not gone all day. I am not sure how long she was stuck--it had been a while because of the redness she had on her abdomen. Poor baby.

I got her out of the tangled mess and promptly gathered the cords/cables and then taped them to the table that she was under. The kids' computer sits on this table. She likes this window because she can see the comings and goings of everybody. I don't know why I didn't see this danger earlier. I am just thankful that it did not cost me my baby's life.

This might be a good time for us to do a safety check around the house. I know I am going too.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!