View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 06:46 AM   #14
hasrv4fun
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobiedooiscoo View Post
i to think the prices are to high for yorkies and that is a huge part of the reason y more people are turning to pet stores to get one, everyone complaines about puppy mills but yet in an indirect way encourages buying a dog from one because prices are so high from breeders. i know i was very tempted when i was looking at buying one. i am so thankful i found a breeder that reasonalbe in price and that i trusted but it took along time to find her. i cant say i wouldnt pay a ton for another yorkie because i love them so much but there has to be a reason y there is such a huge difference in prices between breeders.
Excuse me but how do you make this comparison when any pet store in this area sells a Yorkie CKC reg from who knows where and not always in good health for more than double what I charge.

and yes I can back up all my price with a list of expenses not to mention the about 50 cents a hour I make for my time - this is done for "LOVE OF THE BREED " and not money- I am sure there are some on this forum that can tell you that I am not all about money when it comes to my babies getting to a great home.

As another poster said " at $2000 its a bargain for so many years of love in return- tell me how many on here after getting a "cheap" puppy have spent hundreds or even thousands only to lose the baby anyway- not to say every puppy that has a higher price is 100% going to be perfect - but the old saying of "you get what you pay for " holds true most of the time if you do your homework and go with a good breeder.

Sorry - just seems to be my morning to spout off when I see some of these posts slamming us that are trying so hard to produce beautiful babies for the rest of you to enjoy - hope I didn't hurt any feelings or step on any toes - if I did then let me say I am sorry - now I will go take on the day .
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!