View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 06:22 AM   #11
dbeach
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobiedooiscoo View Post
i to think the prices are to high for yorkies and that is a huge part of the reason y more people are turning to pet stores to get one, everyone complaines about puppy mills but yet in an indirect way encourages buying a dog from one because prices are so high from breeders. i know i was very tempted when i was looking at buying one. i am so thankful i found a breeder that reasonalbe in price and that i trusted but it took along time to find her. i cant say i wouldnt pay a ton for another yorkie because i love them so much but there has to be a reason y there is such a huge difference in prices between breeders.

IMO....not sure what pet stores you are shopping in...we have one in Upstate NY that I recently visited (last time too) that had a Yorkie for $1500 that was 10 weeks and looked to be about 4lbs. at least..and didn't look healthy to boot. Local breeders here, myself included, which are upholding the breed standard, holding pups till 12 weeks, with all the necessary shots and vet checks, are selling our puppies for that or LESS!

I think people shop at pet stores and do "impulse buying", they do not know the breed, and are ignorant of the puppy mill process. It is definitely easier to walk in to a pet store to buy something rather than to research a breed standard, and have to search for just the right puppy.
dbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!