View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 06:03 AM   #8
artie merlino
YT 500 Club Member

Love Too Much or Not Enough?

The prices are definitly too high.......I personally had a Litter of 3 Puppies last year, I sold one male for $1,500.00 and a female for $2,000.00 and I kept the tiny runt female that is a year old now @ 4 lbs. and the other 2 that I sold ended up being 5 lbs. a piece. I personally do not set the Market price but locally (Myrtle Beach, South Carolina) they average between $600.00 and $1,000.00 on the high end. I was able to get those prices because of the Coloration-Blue/Gold of the Parents and their Pedigree/Bloodline without having to promise that they wouldn't get too big (over 5 lbs.) Now for Show Quality they run as high as $3,000.00 to $10,000.00, that's ridiculous!
I kept the smallest female but I get offered $3,000.00 all the time from people who just want a tiny one. With all the Vet. Costs time & effort, you don't really make a profit after covering all your expenses! I didn't Breed for the Money, but to improve my "Yorkies". In California and New York, they are even more expensive! Supply & Demand? Once you get passed the sticker price shock of your initial investment you find that you do get what you pay for?
artie merlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!