View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 04:18 AM   #6
makemepretty
YT 500 Club Member

If you figure a small dog lives about 15 years, even if you pay $2,000 that's a pretty good deal Now, a car costs a ton more than that and how many people keep their cars for 15 years? Granted, you can get a cheaper yorkie(or a used car for much much less. I'm just being silly but it's kinda true.

I'm pretty mid to low income but am willing to pay thousands for a yorkie. Not everyone would understand that. It's because if I'm going to own a pet for it's lifetime and this is going to be a family member then I want to be extremely happy with it. I want one that will stay small, is purebred, is cute(which is why I wanted a yorkie to begin with). Everyone has something in their lives they really want and think is worth what they can afford or a little more. It could be a house or a car or a really nice piece of jewelry but for some, like me, it's a dog. It's not a status symbol just something I really want. I never tell anyone in my family how much I'm willing to pay because they wouldn't understand and it's none of their business(my dad would easily spend twice that amount on a dirt bike but can't understand a best friend companion even comparing to that, he believes dogs stay outside and if they can't hunt aren't worth anything It's a very personal choice on how much you're willing to pay for a pet.
makemepretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!