View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 05:27 AM   #29
SevenGirl
Bella-My Georgia Girl
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdmom View Post
I don't smoke and never have. That being said, it makes me nervous that we can start passing laws telling people what they can and can't do. If I don't like smoking, I can just refuse to frequent a restraunt that allows it and if enough people do that, they would have smoke free restraunts. In that case, the market would decide things. Whole different thing than allowing the government to say what we can and can't do. You do realize, next it will be illegal to go to McDonalds because we all aren't smart enough to decide what we can and can't eat and the list goes on. Do you really want to live in a country where the government tells you what you can and can't do? I find that a little scary no matter how much I hate smoking and the effects it has on people.
The way I view it.......the government is not banning smoking altogether--just in public places. Sorta like how the government doesn't ban owning guns--just can't bring it on airplanes. Or drinking alcohol---you can drink--you just can't drink and then drive. IMO, it isn't a ban, it is just a restriction due to public saftety. I feel pretty confident the government is not going to ban McDonald's or tell me what type car I can drive. JMO
SevenGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!