View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileycoyote View Post
I am not a very experienced breeder. I have one female and one male of my own, both 6 1/2 - 7 lbs. I have bred them twice. The first was planned and my Selby had no problems and was an excellent mother. I decided my Selby was too precious to me to chance something happening to her and that I was not experienced enough to handle any problems if they went wrong. So I did not want to breed my dogs again, but an oops happened and I have a litter of 5 right now, 7 weeks old. Once grown and sold, my Selby will be spayed so I never have to worry about any more oops problems. Smart on my part I believe. There is much more to breeding than I originally thought and I just don't have the heart for it. I get attached to the babies also.

But the reason I posted is how much to charge for stud fee? I was approached by a lady in a bind wanting her female serviced in a hurry. Again, I do not know what I am doing and she is aware of this. Any tips? My Ozzie was having no problem. What tests should be done on males? and females? Any other advice or facts that I should be aware of?

I probably will not do this anymore either. I should have said no, but was being nice because she was in a bind. I just feel that you should know what you are doing and obviously I don't, but you have to start somewhere.

Price is dependent on your region and the pedigree of your dog. It can be a fee or a puppy back.

1. Bile Acids should be done
2. smear should be done for STDs
3. Knees and Hips Checked
4. Eyes & hearing tested.

The female should be tested for the same.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!