View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 07:21 AM   #7
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

You've got some great information here, Lillium-from the best cookers of home prepared diets you'll find on YT!

These ladies helped me to get started on my home prepared diet for my two dogs. I make the recipes from Dr. Pitcairn's book and sometimes used cooked meat, other times raw depending on what I have available at the time. I usually feed beef, ground beef, and ground turkey raw. I can hardly stomach the liver myself, so I cooked that so it was "less gross" to me, and I also cook any chicken or fish I'm feeding them.

As Wylie's mom said, Dr. P's book can be difficult at first, so if you order it, please, PLEASE feel free to ask questions and stick with it if you can until it becomes easier!

I use Dr. P's healthy powder mix, and also supplement with Vitamin E, flax seed oil, and Vitamin C when they're not getting fruit.

I use vegetables, and like the meat, I may cook it or serve them raw depending on what type of veggie they are. I give carrots, & zucchini raw, but cook celery, squash, sweet potato/reg. potatoes, and I give them cold frozen peas, which they love! I also give some yogurt about 3 times each week, sometimes mixed with a few berries or other fruit.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!