View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 09:23 PM   #1
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

Angry This frustrates me

work is only six days until there is not more school (i work in a preschool) and we have SEVERAL kids in my class with special needs (autistic asbergers (sp?) ect.....) There are "shadows" that come into teh class to observe and help with the kids that are special needs. The schedule is SOoooooooooo messed up because we dont know who is there for what kid ect.... well... we had a new shadow person for someone (she didnt know who ) and so we were calling around trying to find out what was going on...... well, it turned out she was there for a different kid then she though (which was ok considering we had all their folders to keep track of their notes and observations in the classroom) BUT we also were told that she is supposed to be there all day (8 - 12:15)....... pretty clear right??????? NOT
Some other special ed person came into the classroom..... talked to the shadow aid for a while..... and then they both left with NO EXPLANATION well.... we thought maybe they were just going out to talk so they didnt distrupt the class, SHE NEVER CAME BACK...... the teacher just takes it in stride and she is not bothered by it (shes going to tell teh supervisor of this person, but she doesnt seem offended by it) i am glad she is so laid back because i am FURIOUS (since i have WORKED as a special ed shadow and know how things are supposed to be done) .....
These people mark down that they were here the whole time and they leave, that is falsifying information... and ON TOP OF THAT, they leave us with these special ed kids that need addition help and attention (when we have so many other kids to take care of as well )..... Part of the agreement between the reg ed and the spec ed is that a one on one aid must be present for kids that are special ed (depending on their disability some kids do really well others do not), it jsut pisses me off that we are left to hold the bag with these kids that aer taking up so much of our attention and it doesnt even seem like the teacher cares........ i care, and if you let people walk all over you they will continue to do so.......
anyways, jsut had to vent, sometimes my job can be very frustrating
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!