View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
Rae Rae
YT 3000 Club Member

^Thank you so much!

I asked my mom about rescues, adoption, etc. When I was little we took in another boxer, he was I believe 2 or so when we got him, and he was aggressive towards other animals. He attacked 2 other dogs and since my sister and I were little, she decided she can't have him around because we couldn't handle him. She called the Boxer Rescue in this area and they were very mean to her, and from what she told me they said something on the lines of "You people get these dogs and their cute when their puppies, but they get bigger and you don't want them anymore!" She said it was already hard enough, she didn't need that on top of it! Plus, we already had another boxer, so it wasn't like "ooh dogs too big now!" and we took him when he was full grown! She did find a loving owner for him from the breeder, the breeder knew a guy who had to put his boxer down and was looking for another one, so he went with him and lived a happy life. So she said she'll never contact the rescue again (I think that's the only one around here) and I really can't blame her!

As for finding a family for him, my moms afraid that what if he ends up with someone who doesn't tolerate him, might at first, but gets fed up and beats him, or if she adopts him out herself, and he attacks his new owners. Plus, like my dad was saying he wouldn't mind finding a person to adopt him to w/ no children (pets are o.k, Gizmo's great with other animals), but it would break Gizmo's heart to not be with my mom, which is true, he's my moms baby!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!