View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #13
ReconsMomma
BANNED!

[QUOTE=kewtee]Nomally the only reason anyone should use a machine instead of just doing regular crunches is if you have a bad back or is very overweight.
And if regular crunches doesn't work, you are doing them wrong - this machine will not help you as much as a trainer in a gym would.

This isn't true. The ab lounge takes the pressure off your back. I work out regularly and have a personal trainer.

Another problem with this machine is it doesn't give you the (ok, my english skills are not sufficient here) muscles that are on the side of your body - and to get the best result you have to do crunches in 4 ways. Always start with lying flat on your back, but with your legs bend like ^

Do 20 of each to begin with:
- lift your upper body (sort of roll from scalp to lower back in a very slow manner) and go back down to where you almost touch the ground (if you can avoid touching ground it will be more effective.) (Have hands crossed on chest)
- lift your legs (cross feet to make it easier) to where your lower back leaves the floor (maybe have hands on floor to stabilize, but NOT to lift)
- Now do like the first exercise but go angled - like your nose is aiming for the floor next to your right thigh
- And do the same but try aiming at the floor next to the left thigh

These exercises can be done in 2 ways:
- If you want to work on your condition and loosing weight, do as many as you can as fast as you can. This is not the best way to work on condition and weight, but still you get the ab exercise done at the same time.
- If you want to tone and strenghten your ab do them REALLY slowly and take a pause when you are most crunched - count to 20 and go back down.

If you feel you can do more than 20 of each, go ahead. Do more when you feel you can, but do the same number of them all to get best result

Do this every other day (your muscles need rest to build up, so not every day) for 2 months and I PROMISE you will see and feel results

I work out everyday as I said before and this is also not true. With a proper diet you can work out everyday. And if you want you can do the same things everyday.

On a sidenote I would like to tell you on loosing weight (I have no idea if this is what you want, so skip this part if you don't)
It is very very hard to loose weight on thighs and stomach for women - probably the hardest places of all. Therefore if you need to loose weight do an overall workout instead where some exercises like these are included or others like them. And remember to work on changing your diet. Most importantly, do not eat anything after dinner at all. That's the time where it is most tough to not eat, so that is what needs the biggest focus.

Having small meals broken up throughout the day is better for you than to go without eating. Do not eat within 2 hours of bedtime since your body can not work off what you eat within 2 hours of bed. But do have a snack of something very healthy like fruit sometime between dinnertime and bed time.
And remember - only make changes that you can keep for the rest of your life (both regarding food and exercise) - if you do a diet you will gain weight when you stop it. If you train your stomach for a while and then stop, it will be even more loose in a few years...

I have found that if you need to get of some inches because of a birth or something and in every other way is welltrained and "normalbodied" you can use the Rio Ab Belt to get them off. There are many EMS-belts on the market and they are not all good. The Rio Ab Belt is one I have been recommended and have tried and seen my clients try and it works - if you use it right.
It is however not an easy way to get fit or loose weight and I cannot stress this enough - no machine does for you what normal exercise and workout will do. Sweat is the no. 1 tool to the goodess figure so many people want. And without sweat, there is no result.

SOme people do not sweat. I am one of them. The main thing when working out is to elevate your heart rate. If your heart rate goes up you know that you are doing something right.

What is the Rio Ab Belt?? I have never heard of it and I have never heard of a belt that does have an affect.

Work out machines do make a difference. If they didn't they wouldn't make them and gyms wouldn't exsist without them.
ReconsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!