View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 06:47 AM   #12
BubblPopElectrc
Kyle Plus 3
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
I have two cats.

My older one has allergies. I feed her Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit formula (2/3can a day) along with 1 raw rabbit medallion a day (Nature's Variety Raw - diet).

My younger one was eating Merricks canned food, but I recently switched her to California Natural Salmon & Sweet Potato (2/3 can per day) along with 1 raw rabbit or venison meallion a day (Nature's Variety Raw diet). Every other day or so I'll give her about a tablespoon of Solid Gold Green Tripe.

Cat's need a premium food just like our dogs do. Canned is so much better than dry kibble for them because cats have a low-thirst drive. If they are eating kibble, they need to drink a lot more water and cat's tend to drink the minimum they have to. Less water can cause dehydration and lead to UTIs and other problems. By feeding canned, there is a lot of moisture already in their food so they don't need to drink as much water (although my cats will normally take a small drink once a day).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetr72 View Post
My cats wont touch canned food with a 10 foot pole..isnt that bizarre?? Ive always fed them Nutrience as that is about all they will eat..my 5 year old is VERY picky and my 8 month old watches what he does and follows suit..if he turns his nose up so does she?? Ive tried every variety of canned food out there and each time I have to throw it out..in the past Ive had many cats and they all looooooooooved canned food...came running the second I pulled the can out of the cupboard lol...not these two crazy cats!!

Dawn
That is so funny! Gloria refuses to eat canned food too!
BubblPopElectrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!