View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 06:34 AM   #12
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
I am looking at her from a USA judges thinking. At her weight of nearly 4 pounds at 12 weeks..it is likely she will be 8 to 9 grown..and if that is evenly distributed on a compact frame, you might get away with it...she would not look too large for the ring...but if she continues to grow on leg as they can do..then the judge sees an oversized bitch and most will not win.

I do not know the type Yorkie that is shown where you are...I would go to the shows and see if her size will be a factor in making it hard to finish her...

I love her green eye flash..she will no doubt have a good, dark steel coat..her muzzle is a bit long, but a well placed and constructed top knot will change that quite easily..and refine the look...
I would work with her and she what her size levels off to be..Best wishes

What is the correct tail carriage for a Yorkie with a full tail...I do not think is allowed to curl over the back like a Maltese..check that out also.
I like the pictures Cute puppy! I'm in a quandry myself with a nice puppy bitch being 4 pounds at 13 weeks. Also, I have another puppy who's the litter sister in at 2 1/2 pounds LOL. Both are very nice so I'm hanging on to them as they do change and can stop growing or can keep growing. I'm hoping the big one will slow down because she in my opinion started everything early so there is a chance for her to slow down in growth and size. The little girl is finally started growing so we'll see what happens when they turn 6 months. You can't always go by what they weigh at 12 weeks. I had one that was perfect at 12 weeks on growing and then she stopped. She never got past 3 1/2 pounds LOL. So really you can never tell what they are going to do. Krissy was 3 pounds at 13 weeks and only grew another 1/2 pound and stopped.
Anyway that's my 2 cents LOL
Donna Bird
Brooklynn's Yorkshire Terriers
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!