View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 11:18 AM   #7
luvdorkyyorkies
BANNED!

I stay at home with my children.........and breed yorkies. It is a very challenging job and I dont get alot of sleep. If you have several dogs the time is unreal you have to spend taking good care of them. If you are sick.......well time marches on and there is no calling in sick to work.......you still have to do it.
THe balancing act is hard too when you have children..........at puppy time my kids get less of my time.........there is only so much to go around.
The expense is also a consideration.........shots, registrations, food, set-up and thats if everything goes right....
.......and I recently found out the heartbreak when a puppy dies, when you stay up and do everything you can do and they die anyway.........its very trying and draining......and Im still trying to nurse another sick puppy because the litter was to big.
I love breeding but like siad earlier, there are no vacations, unless you are fortunate and have a fantastic person you can trust.
Im not trying to discourage you.............but I didnt work as hard outside the home..........but I do so much appreciate being the one with my kids.

Good luck whatever you choose.
luvdorkyyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!