View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 02:57 AM   #9
sweetr72
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
I have two cats.

My older one has allergies. I feed her Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit formula (2/3can a day) along with 1 raw rabbit medallion a day (Nature's Variety Raw - diet).

My younger one was eating Merricks canned food, but I recently switched her to California Natural Salmon & Sweet Potato (2/3 can per day) along with 1 raw rabbit or venison meallion a day (Nature's Variety Raw diet). Every other day or so I'll give her about a tablespoon of Solid Gold Green Tripe.

Cat's need a premium food just like our dogs do. Canned is so much better than dry kibble for them because cats have a low-thirst drive. If they are eating kibble, they need to drink a lot more water and cat's tend to drink the minimum they have to. Less water can cause dehydration and lead to UTIs and other problems. By feeding canned, there is a lot of moisture already in their food so they don't need to drink as much water (although my cats will normally take a small drink once a day).
My cats wont touch canned food with a 10 foot pole..isnt that bizarre?? Ive always fed them Nutrience as that is about all they will eat..my 5 year old is VERY picky and my 8 month old watches what he does and follows suit..if he turns his nose up so does she?? Ive tried every variety of canned food out there and each time I have to throw it out..in the past Ive had many cats and they all looooooooooved canned food...came running the second I pulled the can out of the cupboard lol...not these two crazy cats!!

Dawn
sweetr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!