View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 08:29 AM   #1
HeatherHamptons
Got Yorkie?

Default Sleep apnea or seizures?

Im sorry this is a bit long but its VERY important!

Do any of your babies suffer from sleep apnea or seizures? Can you tell me what it's like?

Prince has had a few episodes (that I know of). This usually happens in the middle of the night and just started a few months ago. So far its only been 3 episodes but he doesnt even seem to know anything happened.

He doesnt convulse, but he does stop breathing. no heartbeat, no breathe, no reaction.

Last time it happened was right after someone here started a thread on dog CPR. I remembered reading it and when he stopped breathing i blew into his nose. I guess it cause him to gasp, which in turn woke him up and got him breathing again.

The vet says to keep a journal of this so we can figure out what it is. She says she's never known a dog to die from seizures, but apnea is a whole nother story.

Can those of you who deal with this kinda stuff, please fill me in on what the symptoms are and how your baby handles it?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!