View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 07:09 AM   #1
Deegan's mom
YT 1000 Club Member

Question First Grooming Appointment

I brought Deegan in for his very first professional grooming appointment. I have to admit I was nervous about leaving him there, but my grandmother takes her little pomerainian there and they like her, so I thought we would try it.
I dropped him off and told her what I wanted and what I didn't want... she seemed to be really sweet, especially with Deegan. But she wanted to keep him for three hours, and I aksed why. And she told me that because he was so young that he might be really fidgety and nervous, so if he does get like that she likes to take breaks in between and play with them a bit to try and get them used to her and calm them down a bit. I thought that that was a good thing, so I agreed to pick him up in 3 or unless she called before that.

So I left and she did end up calling me back around an hour and a half later (half the time she quoted) to say that he was finished.
When I got in there he looked so cute!! I could finally see those big beautiful brown eyes blinking back at me! What a sight... and a cute little orange bow in his hair with a matching bandana!

The groomer said that he was very good, which I couldn't believe. I was really happy with the outcome of his appreance.

But the only thing that I noticed when I got home is that she had forgotten to clip his nails on one of his back paws. So I decided to clip them as I have been. But for some reason he was fighting me more than usual, I couldn't get him to stay still for the life of me. He never fought this hard before. Which makes me think???? Did she maybe clip one of his nails too short and that's why he's fighting me more? If she did, maybe he got to squirmy for her to finish. And if she did I think she should have told me... do you think that I should ask.. or even take him back there??? I know that it's hard to clip nails and even I might one day clip too short. But what would you do?

P.S. - my boyfriend was not impressed with the whole bow thing.... bandana was ok, but the bow had to go.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!