View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #14
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan121s View Post
You are absolutely correct. Wow, pretty good advice for a regular old pet owner. We have a male that has Grade 1 LP due to injury. You CAN see it and tell if it was injury induced in an x-ray. I tried once before to figure a way to post it on here as this conversation has come up before, but I couldn't. Yes, LP is hereditary, but minor cases can arise from things like injury and even jumping on and off the couch. So it isn't always something that would be passed on to other generations.
We have not used our male as stud...he isn't quite old enough, but if we decide he is what we want to add to our breeding program, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to do so.
I've been learning more about LPs over the past year. I'm in my first year of vet school now, and I've learned a lot about Luxating patellas within just the past couple of weeks. It's something I'm interested in since Lacy has LPs so I've been asking a lot of questions about it in Anatomy (especially since we just finished studying that joint) But I am in no way an expert on this...still have a A LOT to learn

Last edited by MyFairLacy; 09-23-2007 at 05:17 PM.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!