View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #5
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber_lv View Post
I am not trying to start controvesy but....... I have talked to some show breeders and they will breed dogs with a grade1-2 as well as some vets say it is ok as well. Lp isn't alway genetic it can be an injury as well.
I definitely believe it. Luxating patellas are so common unfortunately. Not all show breeders are reputable breeders either. My first cat came from a show breeder that i now wouldn't consider reputable. It would be great if all breeders checked their dogs for LP prior to breeding but that just doesn't happen. My Lacy has Luxating patellas. Her right one is a grade 3. So far as reputable breeders are concerned - I have a very narrow opinion on what that is - much more so than most YTers and in my opinion a reputable breeder wouldn't breed a dog with any grade of LPs unless they were 100% certain that the LPs were from an injury and not genetic. Most LPs in our little dogs are genetic though - injuries make up a small percentage of LPs
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!