Thread: GE Helpful Info
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #9
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
I wouldn't want any treats from China, but I'm really picky about Lacy's food and treats. Her treats have to be grain-free. I usually give her dried pork liver or chicken jerky or something like that. I would't care if the plush toys were from china. She has a ton of toys right now from China. And even the ones made in the US might have had materials that come from China. I think everything comes from China anyway - a lot of clothes, fabrics, etc. You just can't avoid it. The only thing I'm really picky about is treats.
Ditto

I just had this "china" debate with friends at a scrapbooking party the other night. We all agreed that there is really no way around NOT getting items from China.....

My husband and Dad ran into this with ordering parts or tools for their cars. I remember one atv (4 wheeler) we bought was "made in US", but most of its parts were from China.

There was a show on the education station awhile back about a family who tried to go one year without buying anything from overseas (not just China), as they wanted to support the US and try to buy all they could from their state and if not from their state, atleast from the US.....needless to say, they did without a lot of things and this "experiment" didn't even last a year.

I know it is all scary, but I think the main concern is
(1) FOOD - I will not feed anything from China to Mojo or Lily Grace (plus, I am very picky about what they eat and thankfully (I guess), they are picky eaters).
(2) LEAD - which has been found in the painted toys, etc. I don't feel, at this time, that clothing or plush toys are affected by this (but thankfully, Mojo and Lily do NOT like nor will play with vinyl or plastic or rubber toys - I tell you, they are picky little dogs).
....if our dog plush toys and clothing were contaminated with lead, then our (human) clothing and plush items from China would be too......are we all going to stop buying clothing from China and plush items for us too?

Okay, JMO..........but, I will continue to add to our GE lists:
no greenies or rawhides
Only healthy foods/treats (normally I list what they like)
no vinyl, rubber, plastic toys (only plush)
no tennis balls

And as always, we have always appreciated EVERYTHING we have ever gotten from our GE's!!!
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!