View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 08:39 PM   #8
Junebug
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewiesMom
Is it just me or is there something very unexciting about the Oakland A's? I am not trying to rag on you or anything Mike (and Junebug), but I just can hardly watch them.

I hate a lot of teams, but I don't hate the A's. I just can't appreciate their style of baseball-- if that makes sense. oh, and I hate their white cleats (yes, I am a girl ).

Oakland always spanks the Sox and each time, I am shocked. I believe we've only one four games out of the last 24 out there. I would shoot myself if we ever had to play them in the playoffs.

Anyway, 1-0. Tejada. You can put it on the board, yes!
I don't know much about sports, but I grew up with the A's. I used to win tickets from the library when I was a kid for reading marathons! And I remember how Baskin Robins used to serve ice cream in a tiny little A's batting helmet. I remember how they made it to the World Series twice when I was in high school, and that really was a spirit lifter given that we had some serious natural diasters during that time, i.e., the Loma Prieta earthquake (and maybe the Oakland Hills Fire...can't remember what year that was.)

Not to mention they have a lot of young cute tall skinny guys, not old squatty farts, and it adds a little more to the game.

Ask me anything about playing stratagies or stats, and I couldn't tell ya!
Junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!