View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 04:24 PM   #1
Tillys_mom
Spoilin' Tilly & Jack
Donating Member

Default We had a big scare tonight

We were on our way to the mall and since it is in a neighboring town we usually take the interstate to get there. Well it appeared that a semi hit a motorcycle and it was down in the median. Well we stopped but the car behind us wasn't paying any attention and almost rear ended us, which would of sent us into the back of a semi. To make matters worse since they stopped so fast the semi behind them couldn't stop normally without hitting them, which would of still smashed us into the semi in front of us, so it blocked two lanes because it squeeled its brakes to stop and just couldn't normally. I have no clue how that semi did not flip over. Luckily nothing was in that lane it would of smashed them. Hubby said, Honey don't look back. Of course I did, and I really shouldn't of. I was in a bad wreck the DAY after I finished drivers ed. My friends mom fell asleep at the wheel. So traveling sometimes gets to me. Semi's scare me to no end and I'm always complaining about them. No offense to anyone that knows a semi driver but they really need to make the laws more strict on semis. My dad works for a company that builds semi trailers, FIL owned a trucking company, and a good friend of mines hubby is a truck driver so I am personally connected with them. Semis just aren't safe. I don't know if the construction themselves needs to be changed with the trucks, speed limit changes, or just more stiff on who they hire. Sorry for the vent guys... I'm just still shook up.

Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
Tillys_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!