View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #8
Lady of Yorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiegirl2 View Post
Not sure what you mean by mewing ..is the pup whining.
How old is this pup???
Some first time moms are nervous and then there are some that are just not good mothers.
Is she feeding him OK?
Is she too warm?
Is mom pee and pooing the little guy?
Is she in a secure/ safe place away from traffic.
Some moms prefer a den like area and some prefer a more open.
PM me if you want to talk.
is the pup whining. Yes, he is very vocal.
How old is this pup??? About 2 hours old.
Some first time moms are nervous and then there are some that are just not good mothers.
Is she feeding him OK? As far as I can tell he hasn't nursed at all. Because I thot it was important to get something in him, I mixed up some puppy formula and added in some Dyne. I use an eye dropper and while he doesn't suck on the dropper he does swallow the milk.
Is she too warm? I don't think she is too warm, she isn't acting like she is hot.
Is mom pee and pooing the little guy? Yes, she is cleaning him. She does seem to like him.
Is she in a secure/ safe place away from traffic. She is in a cage that I have wrapped a blanket around the back, sides and top. Only the front and front top of the cage is clear so I can see in. She is not in traffic but still in a room with people and other dogs. Actually she doesn't seem nervous to me.
Some moms prefer a den like area and some prefer a more open. I will have to go get another box to put her in. I didn't expect her babies until next week so I didn't have an apple box for her to be in after the babies came.

She is protective of him. He was crying and her mom came to see what was going on. Her mom had babies yesterday. She snapped at her mom and went back to the baby. I don't think he has nursed yet. Is there something I can do to cause him to nurse. I tried pinching up some milk and trying to attach him but he didn't seem to get the idea. Sylvia
Lady of Yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!