View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #12
Kiwiglaze
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thanks to everyone for sending good thoughts Kiwi's way. She really appreciates it ! Hubby and I stayed Wednesday night in Anaheim and then dropped Kiwi off Thursday morning at Advanced Veterinary Medical Imaging in Tustin. We checked Kiwi in and they said that the actual test doesn't take that long, but that we couldn't pick her up until 5pm because she would still be radioactive until then!

Everyone said she did very well, but I won't know the results until this afternoon or maybe Monday. I am glad that the procedure is a painless one. She had no sedation or anesthesia, so when we picked her up she was completely fine and had absolutely no side effects!

Kiwi's pre meal blie acid test was 65.5 and the post meal was 23.0. My vet said that it was just high enough that she wanted to get the scan done. Kiwi seems healthy and has no trouble gaining weight. This was more for my peace of mind and so that I could go ahead and get her spayed without worry. My vet thinks she probably has mild MVD or something, but we both wanted the scan to be sure. So the next step would be if the scan comes back as no shunt, Kiwi would get spayed and while they were in there, they would do a liver biopsy to see what is going on with the liver and how bad it is. Then, we would proceed from there.

So, now is just the wait for the results. I hope they come back this afternoon...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!