View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 06:20 AM   #13
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiekist View Post
Most reputable show breeders will co-own and for good reasons. They dont want their hard work thrown under the bus by people that will indescriminantly breed the dog to anything and everything. And if the dog was placed in a home on full registration, most show breeders will want the dog to be shown. If it was sold for any other reasons, it would be on limited/spay/neuter only. Yes, some c0-ownerships do go bad. Thats why you have to do your homework before purchasing and entering into a co-ownership. Go to shows and meet people. While the showing of the yorkies is going on is not a good time. Wait until after they are done. Alot of show breeders seem very stand-offish at first. They want to be sure of your intentions before they just hand over a show prospect. Dont be impatient!!! The right dog is well worth the wait. It could take over a year for the right one to come along. Show breeders are not ogers. (although, I have met a few!!LOL) Just be honest with your intensions and a honest co-ownership will happen. Lynn

My opinion is, if a breeder didn't have a co-ownership in their contract, I'd be pretty uncomfortable that they aren't concerned about their lines/puppies. I'd probably walk away.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!