View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
EmrldShdwQueen
No Longer a Member

Wink Looking for a puppy...suggestions?

Ok so after getting some wonderful comments here a few days ago about my CKC baby Maddie and whether I should breed her or not, I am seriously considering just getting her spayed. However, I would still love to get into breeding and have done oodles of research on it...and even more since yesterday...

Little Ryder weighed 3 ounces at birth, and both of his parents are small (mom 5.5 lbs, dad 3 lbs), and the same parents have produced very small pups in the past. They're AKC registered and have had all the proper testing done, and they have champion backgrounds, etc. BASICALLY this is a wonderful breeder and I know for sure I'll have an excellent little male to begin my breeding.

But I still need a female. So that's where you guys come in. I would LOVE to have a female from the same breeder where I got Ryder but his daddy does all the studding, and I don't want to line breed that closely.

I want to make ABSOLUTE sure that I get a female who is from healthy parents, from a breeder whom I feel is reputable. She doesn't need to have champion background, that honestly doesn't matter to me, but I would like her to be AKC. I don't mind having to be on a waiting list or putting a deposit down on one just born, I'm willing to wait as long as it takes to find the perfect baby.

I just wanted some advice on who (on YT or anywhere else) is a good breeder who has produced top line pups in the past. I live in North Carolina, but will consider one from another location. I'm willing to drive if I find the right one somewhere else.

Please no hateful comments, I have done lots of research on this and have several mentors in my area willing to help me, I am solid in my decision to do this! However, I ALWAYS WELCOME advice and any other helpful comments I can get!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
EmrldShdwQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!