Thread: "Yapping"!
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 01:00 PM   #13
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara2913 View Post
Yep its true you only have until 16 weeks to get them socailized so you are going to have 3 weeks to try to indroduce him to as many different situations and experiences as you can.

Lots of different types of people and children, allsorts of different dogs (big, small, fat, thin, young, old etc), travelling in the car, on buses, trains, going to the vets, walk him different places and let him sniff all the trees and run on the grass, make sure he experiences water. Just as much as you can possibly do with him, you'll be very busy!

The more things you get him used to the less likely he is to be yappy, badly behaved, agressive and or fearful.
Oh, yes! You picked up lots of things I forgot. You want to start them off immediately with the car, especially! I did that, too.

I think it's a really fun time when you first get them. It is so much fun watching them experience all of these new things, too. I don't think I'll ever, ever forget the first time I took Kacee out on a leash! She went 100 different directions at the same time

Last edited by yorkieusa; 09-20-2007 at 01:01 PM.
yorkieusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!