Thread: "Yapping"!
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 10:41 AM   #4
Winstin07
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieusa View Post
You have a very short window in which to socialize your yorkie so that you don't have a yapper. They say they should be socialized very well before they are sixteen weeks old. That means they should experience every sort of situation, such as, walks, taking them to work with you (if possible), take them to visit other people in their homes, especially those with other small doggies, play dates with other tiny doggies; take them shopping, and into lots of different types of buildings (where allowed). Take them to ball games. Allow them to become familiar with small children and teenagers. Give them every kind of experience you possibly can and you will more than likely have a very well-rounded and sociable yorkie. Mine doesn't yap and I did all of these things with her before the age of sixteen weeks. So, get your rest now, because you're going to need it!

I almost forgot to have people come and ring the doorbell so they won't become yappy over that, too.

I have done all those things with Winstin, so maybe he wil continue to be quiet. Thats great advice. My Lab is more vocal than Winstin.

I can never again imagine my life without my little Yorkie friend.
Winstin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!