View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
PrincessPoo612
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Playing with other puppies

Yesterday, I took Yumi to a semi-playdate with a yorkie-poo named Sasha that belongs to a girlfriend of mine. Now mind you when I walk her on a leash and she meets other dogs she is all excited about jumping in their face,running around like a mad girl. But yesterday Sasha reacted right back. Now Sasha is 7lbs and 5 months and Yumi is 3lbs and 5 months old. At first Yumi ran around with her, but Sasha was a little faster and was I think too much in her face, because she started cowering(?) away into a corner and I had to rescue her. She was shaking like a leaf...a little scared I think. But later on...she got excited again and wanted to get off my lap and go back and face Sasha. But the same thing happened again. Now mind you..Sasha was not aggressive or nasty...just very excited and playful.

My coworker who is a doggie sitter suggested I have another playdate with Sasha and see what happens. I want to involve Yumi more with other dogs, even doggie camp, but I don't want her to be the little one who is intimidated by other dogs or become permanently afraid to be around other animals.

What steps should I take to get her comfortable and acclimated? Was Sasha too large for her to be around? Yumi is very playful and I know she wants to play...but what to do...what to do
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!