View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 07:45 AM   #14
yorkymama
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Mindee's X-Ray - Need Your Advice!!!

Hi All. Mindee had her x-ray late yesterday afternoon. Showed 2 puppies. Our vet has my husband and I about crazy. They took the x-ray then he called us in with Mindee, showed us the xray with two puppies. He says they look great. I asked him what he thought about the sizes of them his answer "Well, they don't look too bad". I asked him to measure the size of the head, said he could on only one of them. Head size from ear to ear on the largest he said is around 27.9 mm . Mindee is about 29.4 mm. This is where we start to get confused. Yesterday was day 56 for her. He says to us maybe we should bring her in and induce her in the next day or so. We ask why??? He says "well, they are still growing and we don't want them to grow much more than they are now". My husband asked him if that would be safe. He says "Nothing is really safe, now lets see, she's day 56, well we could leave her and if nothing happens by day 67 then we could probably do a c-section or something" My husband says "DAY 67" He says" sure, dogs are safe to go 67 days". I asked then why 5 minutes ago did you want to induce her. He says " It was just an idea I was toying with because alot of dogs with only 2 pups won't go into labor." Then he moved on to if she was eating okay. I told him about her not eating and temp. drop a few days ago but said that all seemed fine now. She is eating her cesar food, drinking water, temp back up. He then starts to walk out of the room and I said "is that it" he says Yeah, just watch her. I asked if I could take a picture of the x-ray to have (wanted to post it here) he said no, they are their medical records that have to be kept for 5 years but after the 5 years I could have it. Then he walked out and called in the next patient. My husband & I went to the desk to pay and asked if we could get a second opinion from the other vet there and they said not today, too busy but could squeeze us in next wednesday for a few minutes. We paid and left.
Sorry for going on and on, but I am just sick over this (and mad). What do you gals/guys make of this????? I'm using you as my second opinion now.
yorkymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!