Thread: Puppy Mills??
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 07:30 AM   #4
Winstin07
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Puppy Mills are really bad, just like the last post said. They also do not give the dogs much attention. It does sound strange. As long as the vet has said he is healthy, I would not worry about it. Think of it as saving a puppy. Where are you from??
I have been on the other side of the fence. I have not bought any of my dogs from a breeder (please Yorkie talk friends do not hate me). I have gotten all of them from a local pet store. With both my big girls we were allowed to go see the parents and where they came from so that made me feel pretty safe that they were from a good place. However, with Winstin we recently got a new pet store in town. My sister bought her Jack Russell from the new store. They told her that they go to the homes and check things out before ever accepting puppies from people. I stop in there a lot and the puppies are always friendly and very happy. The thing about the new store is they are not in enclosed cages. You can interact with all of them. Pick them up play and give them treats. Winstin was from a litter of two both males and were the only Yorkies they have gotten in the year they have been open. All three of my dogs have the greatest personality. If my babies did come from a mill (I am 99.9% sure none of them did) at least they have a good home. Winstin's original vet record I got with him is from a town less that 30 minutes away. You do not hear of a lot of Yorkies around here and that is why I was comfortable getting him where I did.
Sorry I have rambled. Puppy mills are not good and neither are most pet stores.
Congrats on the puppy and We want to see lots of pics.

I can never again imagine my life without my little Yorkie friend.
Winstin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!