Thread: Puppy Mills??
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 06:05 AM   #1
marycrank83
YT Addict

Default Puppy Mills??

Please tell me about puppy mills. I am cluless. What are the dangers?
My 19 year old son bought a yorkie puppy from an ad in the paper for his girl friend but they broke up three days later and although he told her she could keep the puppy ---long story --- she gave him back!!! I fell instantly in love with him.....and he is now MINE!!!
My son, Nick, said he did not see the parents-- they were not there because the breaders were in Celina OH and they sent puppies to Dayton Ohio to their sons house to reach a broader market. They had two liters there. The smaller ones he was told their DOB was 3/11 and the larger puppies from the other liter had a dob of 3/24. He was told this one would stay lots smaller compared to the other litter but when we got the papers we found out the dob were switched and actually ours was from the younger litter therefore the reason for them being smaller. He paid 550.00 for my male and the one female was 750.00. Two of my neighbors who fell in love with mine went to this breeder and each bought males for 300.00 from the other litter. Their yorkies are quite big at 15 + and only 6 months old. Mine is 11 pounds and almost 6 months old. Theirs have short wirery hair and mine was long and curly (before grooming).
Their business card that was mailed with the papers reads "Puppies To Love"
Max and Joy on Burrville rd in celina, OH. It also reads that they breed golden retriever, coker spaniels, maltese and silkies.
I would not trade him for anything but i am concerned if he is from a puppy mill and what exactly this means and how to i find out? Would a breeder really send 2 different litters of Yorkies to another city to reach a broader market....sounds strange to me... what is a puppy mill?
marycrank83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!