View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 10:28 PM   #15
EmrldShdwQueen
No Longer a Member

Quote:
I haven't taken her out much for walks cuz when I do...people that are complete strangers comment on how tiny/cute she is and ask how old she is.......this worries me cuz I wonder why sooooo many questions about a dog....if I had a larger dog I bet you they wouldn't be asking sooooo many questions....I am hesitant to answer so many questions as I have no idea if they are just asking cuz they think she is cute or are they asking to gather info on her
OMG, I always thought I was being too protective because I thought the same thing. I'm glad someone else feels that way! When I walk my babies I'm constantly on the lookout. Once my boyfriend left the backyard gate open after mowing and then let them out. They escaped and went to the neighbors house. I went out to check on them after 5 mins or so and when I saw the gate I panicked! Luckily our neighbor is honest and they were holding them on the front porch. This was before they had tags, so they had NO way of knowing who they belonged to! All the neighborhood kids had gathered and were petting them, and I saw them immediately when I came out on our porch. I was shaking when I ran to get them from the lady next door, and I cried for an hour after that just holding them. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy but I know that if someone would have realized how much they could be "sold" for I might have never seen them again. Now they wear tags all the time and I CHECK 3 TIMES to make sure the gate is closed before I let them out...and I watch them go and then let them back in right away!!
EmrldShdwQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!