View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #29
Aly
Senior Yorkie Talker

[QUOTE=luvdorkyyorkies]When I was 12 yrs old I went to a friends house after school. She had a pitbull in her back yard on a chain. I asked "does he bite? Can I pet him?" She said no hes very friendly, but he may jump on you cause he always jumps.
I didnt care about that being the complete dog lover and went to the dog to pet him. I patted his head and rubbed his back and neck and he acted like he liked it. The second I went to walk away he jumped toward my face, instinctively I put up my arm and hand guarding my face, the dog ripped all the flesh off my pointer finger and wrist. When i fell backwards trying to get away the dog began biting my legs and trying to pull me under his body. I just remember kicking and kicking as hard as I could. When I crawled away the dog had shredded my jean legs like you wouldnt believe. My finger and wrist was so dreadful, looking like raw hamburger and bleeding profusely that we didnt know until I was rushed to the hospital and they cut my jeans off that I had 4 gapping wounds in my legs too. That was 26 yrs ago and I have all the scars to this day. I myself know personally how unpredictable a pitbull can be, if I had been younger or a smaller person or the dog would have got my face or neck which he tried for, I am sure I would be dead.
Years later a girlfriend of mine had a tempermental chow. I used to go have coffee and visit with her after the night shift of nursing a couple times a week. The dog knew me well, never attempted anything for months. One day I pulled up in the drive started toward the door and there was blackie same as always but this time she growled, I scowled her and said "blackie!" and that was all it took! that dog showed her teeth, charged me full force..........you never seen a lady in white jump on the hood of a car soooooo fast!!! She went totally crazy trying to get me. My friend had to get her and put her in the garage. She even tried to bite my friend while she tried to get her. What was different that day then any other?......beats me!!.........it was like the twilight zone...
Anyway I still love big dogs but Im very cautious, even the old big strays we have adpoted on our farm thru the yrs are watched closely with my kids.....the bite of a small dog can do damage but a bite of a big dog can kill.[/QUOTE]

Well Said!!

Aly
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!