View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Our Little Rescue...

Hi everyone. I wanted let everyone get a peek of our little rescue. For those that did not see my other post I'll give you a little background. We lost our 10 yr. old Yorkie Newman to cancer a month ago Friday. And, the day after we lost him my mom went into the hospital and she's now in hospice. She's dying. It's been a terrible month for our family, especially my two boys. I played with the idea of another little boy but with all going on it just didn't feel right. It was fate that brought our little girl to us.

I'm not on the computer much anymore as I spend most of my time with my mom, but Wednsday night I signed on and just by habit I went on Petfinder.com and there she was. Well, in order to inquire I had to fill out an application. I figured there would be a ton of applications on her and never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be me they'd call and especially so soon. The very next morning, I received a call and I was told that my vet gave me a great reference and that they had over 45 applications come in, just over night but that they liked mine. On Friday evening one of their volunteers came to my home for a home visit and Saturday morning I was off to meet my new baby.

A little history on her; They called her JaJa but she does not really seem to know the name so we are changing it to Lilly. My mom actually chose Lilly for her. The day after she came home I brought her to visit my mom and I thought my mom was sleeping when my brother and I chatted about a name for her and she wasn't. She opened her eyes and looked at her and said I like the name Lilly.

The Story behind Lilly. Lilly is almost 14 weeks old. I was told by the rescue that Lilly was an impulse buy from a pet shop. The people that got her had two big dogs that weren't nice to her and they were also going on vacation so they decided to drop her off at the pound. Rescue was called and through rescue she was treated for Giardia, upper respiratory, and we believe mites. She was also spayed. So small to go through so much. When rescue got her she weighed 2 lbs. Rescue had her from the first week in August until just this past Saturday when I picked her up. Her paperwork showed that she lost weight and had currently only weighed 1 lb. 9 oz. but I had her to the vet this morning and it had to be a mistake because her current weight is 2 lbs. 3 oz. My vet does not expect her to get over 4 lbs. He says that she's very healthy

In ending I would just like to say how grateful I am to have Lilly. Losing Newman was just devestating and watching my mother so sick and knowing that I am going to lose her soon, had me questioning God quite a bit. I really feel as though he sent this little one because he knew that not only I but my two sons needed her so badly to help us heal.

Anyway, I'm rambling (really tired tonight. LOL) and I want to post some pictures and I'll keep everyone updated. Oh just wanted to say also that my girls (yorkies) love her. She fits right in

Elaine
Attached Thumbnails
Our Little Rescue...-picture-088.jpg  
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!