View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
sweetheartsok
YT 500 Club Member

Default Of course Potty Training Issues

Okay Mindy is almost 6 months old and overall she is pretty good about hitting the pee pads BUT she also likes to pee & poo on area rugs and hard wood floors. Majority of her accidents have been in the dining room which we hardly use, so she is being somewhat considerate. lol I do crate her at night but I also have a pad in the crate because it's big enough to do so and I like my sleep. I pulled up the area rug in the dining room but now she is eliminating on the floor instead and I have two pads in there and also in the family room where we spend most of our time. I guess my question is do I get a crate that's small enough for just her and start all over. Is it best to just train to go outside instead of having pads around the house? Is this confusing her. She was pee pad trained by the breeder and I wouldn't mind so much if she was only trained to go on the pads but the accidents are what's bothering me. Even if I change the pads frequently she still at times uses the floor, mostly for her poo. I don't think my hubby likes her going in the house, he says dogs are meant to go outside. I'm just worried about the winter months when the snow is flying and wet rainy days too. I am somewhat to blame because I sometimes forget to take her out and then she goes to the pad before I get a chance to take her.

What has been your choice of potty training and how did you go about achieving the end result? I need to make a decision on what I'm doing and go with it.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!