View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 08:41 AM   #13
LoveMyBaby
My Teeny Lil Super Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Thanks everyone for your answer. I'm afraid it's collapsed trachea I went to 3 vets, one said it's Kennel cough( he was the first vet who I went to when I just bought my puppy and I though that cough will go away soon), another two don't say anything, I'm tired to go to vet and just spend money for nothing. They just giving me another dose of antibiotic( every time different because of antibiotic resistance I'm already know that too) I'm reading a lot of information on the internet and books ,sometimes I feel like I know more than vet, but still can not help my dog. If it's collapsed trachea, I believe she needs surgery, and it depends what part of the trachea affected, If the only abnormal part is that segment between the throat and the point where the trachea enters the chest (the thoracic inlet), surgery may be curative. However, if the segment of the trachea that is within the chest cavity is abnormal, surgery is not likely to be helpful because that part is not accessible to the surgeon. Endoscopy is the way to visualize the trachea and I know it's very expensive procedure.But right now she still on antibiotic and all other medication and nebulezer, I'll see how she will feel by the time when antibiotic will finished.
LUZANGELA428, I bought my puppy not from the breeder and have no idea about other puppy in the litter. That's why I have nobody to help me :-( I bought http://www.puppypetite.com/yorkies.html that's in New York, they have only 2 weeks refund policy, but I have problem with the dog since the time I bought her, I thought the cough will go away, and I'm in love with my dog, I don't know what to do
its like deja vu... such similar story. my Chicle stills coughs as i said b4 im praying it isnt but it doesnt look to promising since hes had the cough since i got him and its been 2 months now ..
"and I'm in love with my dog, I don't know what to do" thats my exact sentiment, its heart breaking but now ur baby has someone to take care of her so im sure God willing she will get better. in the mean time just shower her will all the love you have.
thats what im doing with mine ... many ppl have told me to give him up but the attachment grew the second i laid eyes on him and theres no turning back. hes mine!
best of luck and just hang in there...
u have a support group in here ...

by the way.. what part of ny are u from???
LoveMyBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!