View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 04:06 PM   #7
Rubybabysmom
Yorkie Yakker

well, they did not test her urine because while we were in the waiting room(total of 3 hours) I took her out for a bit and she actually peed without yelping and no popping right up that was at like 10am this morn so that means it was 12 hrs. since her last pee. She then pooped too so then sure enough I come inside and it is our turn to be seen. The vet would of liked a sample but since she had just gone it wasn't going to happen. She felt her bladder and it felt empty. She said I could continue to stay longer and try to see if we could get a sample but i opted not to between the 45 minute ride there, the 3 hrs. 45 minutes I was there i really just wanted to go home. They gave me the antibiotic clavamox and to follow up in 10 days with our vet and bring a sample to our vet-unless of course something else happens. She has had 1 dose so far and she is pretty perky.
Another symptom that she had that I forgot to mention was that she was licking at herself. The vet said that stress could actually bring a UTI come on so I am wondering if being groomed yesterday had anything to do with it. she also said that she does not think she could of caught it from Petco like my husband thought.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!