View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 07:16 AM   #24
kevin007
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
If your going to be gone 7 hours at a time, I'd use an x-pen. You can put the crate in there, a litter box on one side, and food & water in there too..along with a few toys. You don't want to go 7 hours without a puppy eating, especially if it's only 8 weeks because it can become hypoglycemic. It is probably going to be hard to potty train being gone 7 hours at a time. If you were able to come home half way you could use a crate and potty training would probably go easier. There might be some others on here that got a puppy, being gone with hours like that so hopefully one of them can give you more advice. When I got Lacy, the most I'd be gone was a couple hours at a time for college classes, and then 4 hours at a time 3 days a week from the time she was 5 months until 8 months. My best friend got a puppy at the same time as me and worked all day (sometimes coming home at lunch) and she has always used an x-pen for her puppy. She put newspaper in there for about the first year, but he learned to hold it as he got older.
Yea I go for university and come back at around 3 to 3:30 so I will have quite a long time to play with them, another wierd question, does it matter when they sleep? not how much but when? I usually sleep after midnight, I guess I want to puppy to get used to the time schedual in this house and if he does then he wouldn't wake up at lets say 5 in the morning cause he slept at 10

I am VERY excited!
kevin007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!