View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 09:33 PM   #20
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin007 View Post
I guess a long time then but I want to house break it first.

I'm guessing I won't be home for 7 hours every weekday. It will take time to litter train it too, should i make a xpen area for a dog with a bed, or put a crate in the xpen which acts as a bed?
If your going to be gone 7 hours at a time, I'd use an x-pen. You can put the crate in there, a litter box on one side, and food & water in there too..along with a few toys. You don't want to go 7 hours without a puppy eating, especially if it's only 8 weeks because it can become hypoglycemic. It is probably going to be hard to potty train being gone 7 hours at a time. If you were able to come home half way you could use a crate and potty training would probably go easier. There might be some others on here that got a puppy, being gone with hours like that so hopefully one of them can give you more advice. When I got Lacy, the most I'd be gone was a couple hours at a time for college classes, and then 4 hours at a time 3 days a week from the time she was 5 months until 8 months. My best friend got a puppy at the same time as me and worked all day (sometimes coming home at lunch) and she has always used an x-pen for her puppy. She put newspaper in there for about the first year, but he learned to hold it as he got older.

Last edited by MyFairLacy; 09-15-2007 at 09:34 PM.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!