View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 06:57 AM   #12
Kendraleigh
Senior Yorkie Talker

Sad

Hi Steve~ Well I feel like I spoke too soon b/c Sam was up a lot last night coughing. I called my vet today b/c that's what she told me to do and she won't be in until tomorrow afternoon. I'm very frustrated at this point b/c now the Robitussin isn't even working so I wouldn't waste your money. I was looking in WAL-MART last nite at different kinds of robitussin and I found one that I'm going to ask my vet about. It's the infant drops and it controls the cough (which mine doesn't do) and has guafenisin in it as well. It doesn't have DM or CF after the title so maybe this will help. The one I have now doesn't control the cough it just breaks up any congestion. I was thinking about calling around to other vets in my area to get a 4th opinion! The weird thing is that he is fine otherwise. What makes me feel a little bit better is that I know he started out with pneumonia so the cough is happening for a certain reason. I really don't think it's collapsed trachea for that reason. All 3 vets said it was an upper respiratory infection/kennel cough that turned into pneumonia. So we'll see what happens in the next few days. I really am hesitating this time to put him on more medicine b/c nothing seems to work. I think I'm also going to ask my vet about the penicillin shot that luzangela was talking about. Hope all is well with you.
Kendraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!