View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #14
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan121s View Post
Yes, if you have two purebred dogs and breed them, they will register the offspring as being from two purebred parents. You can't breed that dog and register it's offspring though, and they are not registering it as a 'breed'...basically what it is is a piece of paper that says, "this dog has purebred parents of different breeds"

As far as the 'crappy registry' remark...I've seen some AKC dogs that were pretty 'crappy'--so I guess it's not just limited to the paper/registry behind the dog. Granted, CKC does allow alot of things they shouldn't IMO. However, I think it is 'crappy' breeders that make ANY registry look bad. Funny, people seem to willingly assign the blame completely on the registry for a ill-bred dog--I think maybe the blame should be put on the breeder instead...

I never said that CKC registered dogs were crappy - i said the registry was crappy - as in no conformation shows & will registered anything for money, even mixed breeds. There are so many registries out there and the papers aren't really worth anything - it just makes people feel special for having a "registered" dog. But I never said CKC dogs were crappy - I'm sure there are some beautiful yorkies of very good quality that are CKC registered, just asa there are some terrible quality AKC yorkies out there. That's why it's more important to look at the individual breeder and dogs...I wouldn't buy a puppy just because it is AKC registered because that in it's self doesn't mean anything. I'd look at the breeder and the pedigree of their dogs and quality of the dogs.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!